Sunday, February 22, 2009

Get it out

It is crazy to me how we can throw all of our hope and emotion onto a single person for a short period of time. It is never intentional. But it happens. A lot. Its something that I struggle with daily, something that brings me to tears, and something that I wish I knew how to direct. I wish I could just do it; just put my emotions and hope into the person of Jesus Christ. But most times that is seemingly impossible; Because once I've noticed that my emotions have strayed, I have already been let down. How crazy? If we think we have control of anything, you'd think it'd be our own hearts. But I find myself here again and again brokenhearted by the idols that bind me.

Get it out
Not just the ghost
The crap and garbage, too
The stuff that hurts
The feelings I hate
And the things that let me down
I don't want any part of them

Leave them in
Use them all
Use them all for Your Glory
Love me with them
Direct my eyes
Uplift my soul
Yes, leave them in.

No comments: